This research was based on the teaching and learning process now in the education and training field which most of it still tends to be done conventionally. Learning through E-learning can overcome the constraints of space and time. Widyaiswara (Instructor) and training participants can make the learning process both synchronous (direct), and asynchronous (indirectly) through the virtual world. This study is intended to describe the influence of Moodle LMS in improving the learning outcomes of English Training participants in Religious Education and Training Center (BDK) Surabaya. Formulation of the problem “Is there a significant and positive influence on the use of Moodle LMS on Improving Learning Outcomes of English Teacher Training Participants?” The research method used is pre-experimental one group pretest-postets with regression analysis. Regression analysis is used to find out how much influence the independent variable has on the increase in the dependent variable. The results showed that after teaching and learning process was carried out with the Moodle LMS application media there is a significant and positive influence on the use of Moodle LMS to increase the learning outcomes of English Teacher Training participants and the amount of the influence of the Moode LMS usage variable on the increase participant learning outcomes is 77.4%. That is, the effect of Moodle LMS on the learning outcomes of training participants is 77.4%. The findings may encourage instructors to use Moodle LMS in order to increase the learning outcomes of Teacher Training participants, as well as providing valuable insight or understanding for lecturers, instructors, education and training policy makers in the realm of teacher training.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Abuddin, N. (2011). Perspektif islam tentang strategi pembelajaran, Jakarta: Kencana Prenada Media Group.
- Aljaser, A. M. (2019). The effectiveness of e-learning environment in developing academic achievement and the attitude to learn english among primary students. Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education, 20(2).
- Al Kurdi, B., Alshurideh, M., & Salloum, S. A. (2020). Investigating a theoretical framework for e-learning technology acceptance. International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, 10 (6), 6484-6496.
- Alshurideh, M. T., Salloum, S. A., Al Kurdi, B., Monem, A. A., & Shaalan, K. (2019). Understanding the Quality Determinants that Influence the Intention to Use the Mobile Learning Platforms: A Practical Study. International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies, 13(11), 157-183.
- Anwar, P. M. (2008). Manajemen sumber daya manusia. Bandung: PT. Remaja Rosda Karya.
- Arief, Z. (2011). Pengintegrasian teknologi informasi dan komunikasippada proses pembelajaran di balai diklat keagamaan. Retrieved from https://balitbangdiklat.kemenag.go.id/berita/pengintegrasian-teknologi-informasi-dan-komunikasi-pada-proses-pembelajaran-di-balai-diklat-keagamaan.
- Baloyi, G. (2014). Learner support in the open distance learning and e-learning context using the community of inquiry model. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, 5 (20), 1251–1258.
- Bernacki, M. L., Greene, J. A., & Crompton, H. (2020). Mobile technology, learning, and achievement: Advances in understanding and measuring the role of mobile technology in education. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 60 (101827), 1-8.
- Chung, C., and D. Ackerman. (2015). “Student Reactions to Classroom Management Technology: Learning Styles and Attitudes Toward Moodle”. Journal of Education for Business. 90 (4). 217-223.
- Darma, I. K., Karma, I. G. M., & Santiana, I. M. A. (2019). The development of blended learning model in applied mathematics by using LMS schoology. International Research Journal of Engineering IT & Scientific Research, 5(6), 33-45.
- Eskridge. (2014). Schoology; leveraging EdTech for personalized learning, san juan USD implements schoology districtwide. Journal of Engineering.
- Evans, J. C., Jip, H., Chan, K., Armatas, C., & Tse, A. (2019). Blended learning in higher education: professional development in a Hong Kong university. Higher Education Research and Development 39 (3), 1-14.
- Fadel, H. (2016). The effect of blending e-learning environments and social media on developing the skills of teacher-students in the field of computer maintenance. Journal of the Faculty of Speciic Education, 3.
- Ferdianto, F., & Dwiniasih. (2019). Journal Physics Conference Series, 1360 012034.
- Hampel, G. & Dancshazy, K. (2014). Creating a virtual learning environment. Journal of Agricultural Informatics, 5 (1), 46–55.
- Harrington, C. & Aloni, M. (2013). Promoting critical thinking through online discussion: developing questions and managing conversations. Paper Presented at Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching, Middlesex County College.
- Jaeni, U., Basuki, I., & Moedjiarto. (2020). Culture Learning Management Al-Quran Model Tilawati to Improve Student Character. International Journal of Recent Educational Research, 1(3), 286-300.
- Kadri, T. (2017). Rancangan penelitian. Yogyakarta: Deepublish.
- Liu, Q., Geertshuis, S., & Grainger, R. (2020). Understanding academics' adoption of learning technologies: A systematic review. Computers & Education, 151 (103857), 1-10.
- Mayer, R. E. (2020). Where is the learning in mobile technologies for learning?. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 60 (101824), 1-3.
- Mousavia, A., Mohammadia, A., Mojtahedzadeha, R., Shirazib, M., & Rashidi, H. (2020). E-learning educational atmosphere measure (EEAM): a new instrumen for assessing e-students’ perception of educational environment. Research in Learning Technology, 28, 1-12.
- Purwaningsih, R., Rosidin, U., & Wahyudi, I. (2017). Pengaruh penggunaan e-learning dengan schoology terhadap hasil belajar peserta didik. Retrieved from https://media.neliti.com/media/publications/118118-ID-pengaruh penggunaan-e-learing-dengan-sch.pdf.
- Pusdiklat Tenaga Teknis Pendidikan & Keagamaan. (2018). Dokumen II kurikulum diklat teknis substantif pendidikan. Jakarta: Pusdiklat Tenaga Teknis Pendidikan dan Keagamaan.
- Putri, N. W., Ananda, M., Jampel, N., & Suartama, K. (2014). Pengembangan e-learning berbasis schoology pada mata pelajaran IPA kelas VIII di SMP Negeri 1 Seririt. Journal Edutech Universitas Ganesa Jurusan Teknologi Pendidikan. 2(1), 11-24.
- Ramadhani, R., Umam, R., Abdurrahman, A., & Syazali, M. (2019). The effect of
- flipped-problem based learning model integrated with LMS-google classroom
- for Senior High School students. Journal for the Education of Gifted Young Scientists, 7(2), 137-158.
- Sari, A.P., Baedhowi, Indrawati, C. D. S. (2017). The Use of Learning Media with MOODLE Approach to Improve the Quality of Education: A Literature Study. Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research (ASSEHR), volume 158 International Conference on Teacher Training and Education 2017 (ICTTE 2017).
- Sicat, A. S. (2015). Enhancing college students’ proficiency in business writing via schoology. International Journal of Education and Research, 3(1), 159-178
- Suana, S., Maharta, N., Nyeneng, I. D. P. & Wahyuni, S. (2017). Design and implementation of schoology-based blended learning media for basic physics in course. Jurnal Pendidikan IPA Indonesia, 6(1), 170-178.
- Syah, M. (2013). Psikologi belajar. Bandung: PT. Remaja Rosdakarya.
- Wahyudi, I. (2017). Pengembangan program pembelajaran fisika smaberbasis E- Learning dengan schoology. Jurnal Ilmiah Pendidikan Fisika Al-BiRuNi, 6(2).
- Widodo, A., Riyanto, Y., & Roesminingsih, E. (2020). Implementation of Islamic Senior Hight School Academic Quality Assurance (Multi-Site Study at Islamic Senior High School of Surabaya and Islamic Senior High School of 2 Malang). International Journal of Recent Educational Research, 1(3), 233-245.
- Wu, P., Yu, S., & Wang, D. (2018). Using a learner-topic model for mining learner interests in open learning environments. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 21(2), 192-204.
- Yossyana, V., Suprapto, N., & Prastowo, T. (2020). 5E Learning Cycle in Practicing Written and Oral Argumentation Skills. International Journal of Recent Educational Research, 1(3), 218-232.